Basketball in the Park


14/09/12

So thanks to antibiotics, I find myself gradually becoming less fat in the face. Meaning I can begin to eat all the things I love again. Like birthday cake flavoured oreos- which I am going to blame in advance for the obese state I will return in. That, and the huge amounts of oil in the food. 


Last night, Matt and I went to a park- the largest in Tianjin. It holds the Ferris wheel, an amusement park, and apparently big fish. Fish that you can feed all sorts of thing to make them all come together in a sea of colour and motion.  From the park, the tower was fully visible for the first time since we arrived. 


We acquired a basketball yesterday after class, and can now make full use of the courts just outside our hotel. It is constantly in use, and playing with the locals allows us to further improve our Chinese, and them their English. It would seem however, that language barriers are left on the bench whilst on the court.


This morning we finished classes for the week. It has been a long day, and a few groups are headed to Beijing for the weekend. We all decided that maybe it’s a bit early to be venturing out this weekend, as we are all fairly exhausted. Probably more mentally than physically. We also managed to acquire internet in our room, but we are having a few technical difficulties. But then again, if it all ran smoothly it wouldn’t be China. And then it just wouldn’t be an adventure.





 

Meet The Author

I am a 22 year old photographer traveling to far away lands in hope of doing some good and discovering more of myself.

Get In Touch