twenty.

photo: matt jones.

another decade has gone by; and with it brings a new adventure to china in a few days. my birthday was celebrated with wine and friends atop the melbourne city- waking late this morning to realise i was no longer a birthday girl, and no longer a teenager. somehow the years have fallen out from under me, and i find that my adolescence passed me by. met with a certain level of nostalgia and a longing for what had been, i find there is no space behind me. left with no choice but to move forward; i must not dwell but embrace this next phase.

what an incredible part of life adolescence proved to be. the friendships i made; some for just a few hours, others formed for life. the innocent and bittersweet first love, and all those fleeting loves that followed. and of course, family standing by me every single step of the way.

regardless of age- i will move forward with a new feeling of purpose- to be inspired, and in turn inspire others. to find great loves, greater disappointment, chase fear and above all discover people and places that keep me awake at night. 

-danielle.

 

Meet The Author

I am a 22 year old photographer traveling to far away lands in hope of doing some good and discovering more of myself.

Get In Touch